X

Contact Kirk Rice

Kindly complete the form below to send an enquiry. Your message will be sent to one of our Accountants or Financial Planners who will respond to you within 24 hours.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
X

Request Appointment

Please complete this form to request an initial appointment at our cost.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
X

Kirk Rice Blog

Our Updated Key Guides – Accounting SeriesWritten on August 17, 2016 by Kirk Rice LLP

We are pleased to tell you that our Key Guides series has recently undergone a quarterly review and each Guide has been updated in accordance with the latest facts and figures in line with the 2016/17 tax year. The Guides are available to view on our website.

Some of the highlights from this update include:
• Making the most of fringe benefits: Company car percentages are due to increase substantially over the coming years.

• Pensions freedom – drawing from your pension: The pension increases in line with CPI inflation, for which the Bank of England has a central target of 2.0% (over the last ten years to May 2016 annual CPI inflation averaged 2.3%).

• Starting and selling a business
High overheads have resulted in many business failures and you must be particularly careful if your business is seasonal – the costs will continue despite a reduced off-season income.

• Workplace pensions and auto-enrolment: There are potential financial penalties and the Pensions Regulator has already fined one business £22,900 for non-compliance.

• The taxation of investments: Within a pension plan there is no UK tax liability to tax on income or gains, and 25% of the accumulated fund is currently free of any tax after you have reached the age of 55 years, whether the whole value is taken as a lump sum or the remaining 75% is used to provide retirement income.

Click here to view 18 FREE Key Guides

Comments